Careers with Hawks Point
We love our employees at Hawks Point because they are the shining stars of our senior living communities! We are constantly searching for people who understand and share our philosophy of care for seniors.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE DIRECTOR/CHEF
Hawks Point, an Adult Active Community situated on the campus of Dickinson State University in historic Dickinson, North Dakota provides independent living and assisted living services. We are currently seeking an experienced Food and Beverage Director/Chef to become an integral part of our team.
Situated on the campus of Dickinson State University in historic Dickinson, North Dakota, our inviting 55-plus community offers a stimulating environment that enhances the health, quality of life, and educational enrichment of our residents.
- Are you a culinary trained Chef?
- Do you enjoy making a difference in the lives of seniors through your culinary skills?
- Are you an innovative, creative professional with a passion for food?
- Are you looking for a position to become part of a team?
The Food Services Director shall promote and control all aspects of Food and Beverage delivery, service, maximizing the Resident and Guest Dining experiences in all dining rooms and Bistro.
You will be responsible for:
- General oversight of all Food and Beverage operations
- Responsible for food quality and presentation
- Responsible for a positive dining experience
- Responsible for Food and Beverage profitability and overall sales
- Food and Beverage cost controls: forecasting, labor, food and beverage inventories
- Seasonal menu development, standardized recipes for optimum food cost control
- Responsible for training kitchen, dining, and bar staff with established and maintained standards
- Establish daily supervision and reporting for product quality, presentation and guest experience
- Work well with marketing and Activity personnel for creative Food and Beverage activities
- Development of new markets conducive to our residents and market strategies
- Hiring/firing and supervision
- Staff training and development
You will have the following minimum requirements:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 5 years experience in a commercial kitchen with knowledge in dining room service and function as well as catering set-up, service, and function.
- Purchasing and Inventory control and function
- Organizational Skills
- Food Preparation and Service Skills
- Professional Hygiene and appearance
- Professional references
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets, computer skills, and the ability to motivate and manage team members.
Our Company Offers:
This is a full-time position
Full Benefit Package
Qualified Applicants, to be considered for this position we require, in addition to your resume, you submit a cover letter with a brief synopsis of your qualifications, as well as stating your salary requirement and email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer